Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This post marks a new chapter in my life.

I have a beautiful wife. (more on that later)

I am enjoying a Sabbath.

I am editing my photography.

I am just existing.

I'm not being productive in the traditional sense, but I feel more alive today than I have in recent memory.

I love this.



Anyhow, i hope to be writing here much more often, often joined by my wonderful wife: Ashley Gleason

We are starting our new life together, at the center of which is this desire, to live in touch, in tune, in sync, etc with God and how he intends for us to live. Along with this comes this idea of a Sabbath. Sabbath is a gift, from God to us. A day free from worry and obligation. A day to stop being productive and just be. There is a very good talk on the subject that happened recently at Mars Hill in Grand Rapids, which is in fact made us want to try it so badly. A sermon entitled: "Longing for Rest - by Ruth Haley Barton". Go subscribe to the Mars Hill Podcast on iTunes (or just click here) and give it a listen. Also make sure to listen to "The Importance of Beginning in the Beginning" from the week prior. That message deserves a million blog posts but I will try to do it justice by giving it one very soon. Anyways, Sabbath, a day to enjoy being human. A day to look around at all the gifts God has given each one of us and just be giddy with thankfulness and delight. A day to spend doing the things you love with the people you love. A day to find courage to trust God that everything that needs to get done, will; just not today. For Jews, it's typically Saturday. For Christians, it's supposedly Sunday. For my family, today is the Sabbath, a Wednesday. The only day this week that neither one of us are working. "Floating Sabbaths" may or may not be a good thing, we'll see how that goes.

Hopefully soon I will write about "The Importance of Beginning in the Beginning" the sermon I've been waiting to hear my whole life.

Peace and Grace

1 comment:

  1. Sabbath is a great day. A day to marvel at the love of Jesus Christ. Think about it, how undeserving we are for this love! How god views us so righteous in his heart! ITS SO AMAZING

    ReplyDelete