Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Have Questions for All Your Answers





This was a great movie, highly recommended.
Battle For Seattle
This scene in particular stuck out to me.
I laughed at it the first time, but the more I thought about it, the truer it rang to me. We all think it's wrong that injustices happen it our world, but it's far too easy to not care when it's happening far away.

There's something about a wake up call like this, something about having it thrown (literally in this case) in your face.

The products we buy really do make an impact.

I don't agree that violence is the answer to anything. Jesus taught us that quite plainly. The whole idea of violence is anti-god.

But there's something about this guy's passion, the cracking of his voice, you can almost feel how much he believes in ______ cause "x" (dismantling the WTO in this case)

Think about the Nike Swoosh
and try to plug your ears while it screams "Human Slavery"
But hey, at least you look cool right?
God entrusted you with money and look, you perpetuated the slavery of kids overseas with it

Awesome

We all have a responsibility to each other and to God.
and when we sit at his throne,
Our excuses and justifications won't matter.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, [6] you did it to me.’ (emphasis added)

Is it possible to be follow Jesus and not know it?

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (emphasis added)

Is it possible to think you're following Jesus and not be?

Is following Jesus a system of beliefs or a way of life?
A way of life that is self emptying towards God and towards others?
Maybe following has a lot more to do with action and the inclination of the heart than with rigid dogma, rules, and religious boundaries.


What do you think?

Habakkuk 3:2b "...in wrath remember mercy."

really though, I'm interested to hear what people think about this.

3 comments:

  1. in response to your first part, check out this website and/or book

    http://www.betterworldshopper.com/

    i keep this book in my coat pocket at all times, so that i can consciously decide which companies i want to support with my money. when a child is sold into slavery to make my shoes cheaper, i'm not ok with that.

    more on your second point during my lunch break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so do i think that people can follow Jesus and not know it? absolutely. if noah, enoch, job, melkizedek, abraham, isaac, and jacob can all be considered heroes of the faith without ever once hearing the name or teachings of Jesus and without even hearing the law of Moses, then yes it is possible. if God was able to call these people to Himself without judaism, christianity, or the bible then i don't see any reason why He couldn't still be doing that today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, your blog is basically full of awesomeness lol! I hope things are going well.. I think we should get together with they guys sometime just like old time sake lol!
    God Bless

    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete